1. The Devon Guild of Craftsmen Website
The primary purpose of this site is to tell you about our services and during your visit, to ensure your security and maintain your privacy.
Website Information: When you contact us via this website to join our mailing list we will collect the following information: name, address, email address. We gather this information to send you information about to keep you up dated about our activities and services. If you do not want this information, please send a blank e-mail message to firstname.lastname@example.org. We may also use aggregate information relating to the type of enquiry, post code analysis and statistics to of monitor website use. This is to assist with developing and improving our website and make services more effective and may be provided statistically to third parties. These statistics will contain any information to identify an individual. Except as mentioned above we will not provide, sell or distribute your information to third parties.
Copyright: Your use of content regarding the Devon Guild on this website at www.crafts.org is subject to the terms of this Copyright Statement.
The Devon Guild of Craftman website is owned by us and is protected by copyright, database rights and other intellectual property rights. You acknowledge that all copyright, trademarks and all other intellectual property rights (registered or unregistered) used in providing this service shall remain the property of ourselves, our subsidiary and associate companies or licensors, as appropriate, at all times. You shall not copy, adapt, exploit or otherwise use the information contained on the Devon Guild of Craftsmen website in any way, save for temporary download to personal computer for viewing only. For the avoidance of doubt you shall not be entitled to reproduce, permanently store, or retransmit the contents of the Devon Guild of Craftsmen website without prior written consent of the Devon Guild.
2. The Devon Guild of Craftsmen Shop
Privacy: The privacy of our users is important to us and we take care to safeguard it. This policy explains how we use your personal information:
Who we are:
What information we collect:
The information we collect via this website may include:
(1) Any personal details you type in and submit, such as name, address, email address, etc.
(2) Data which allows us to recognise you, your preferences and how you use this website. This saves you from re-entering information when you return to the site. This data is collected by cookies from your navigation around the site.Cookies: A cookie is a small amount of data which we send to your computer. The data is then stored on your browser or hard disk. Most web browsers can be set to prevent you from receiving new cookies, notify you before accepting cookies or disable cookies altogether. Details about this can normally be found in the Help facility provided with your browser. If you disable cookies, you will not be able to receive personalised facilities. We only use temporary "session cookies" to track your session. The cookies store information only for as long as you are viewing the website. The cookie file does not store your personal information. More information about cookies, including how to block them and/or delete them, can be found at www.aboutcookies.org. If you do not want your visits to our website to be monitored in this way you can opt-out by clicking here.
(3) Your IP address (this is your computer.s individual identification number that is assigned to your computer when connected to the Internet) which is automatically logged by our web server. This may be used to anonymously note interest in our website and to identify orders that appear abnormal (i.e. multiple credit card numbers being used) in order to identify the source of fraudulent orders.
(4) Your preferences and use of email updates, recorded by emails we send you (if you select to receive email updates on products and offers).
What we do with your information:
Any personal information we collect from this website will be used in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 and other applicable laws. The details we collect will be used to process your order and to provide after-sales service (we may pass your details to another organisation to supply/deliver products or services you have purchased and/or to provide after-sales service). We would also like to email or post you details of various promotions, goods and services that we can offer you. We have a firm commitment to protecting your privacy and security as our customer. We are obliged by the Distance Selling Directive, and the Data Protection legislation, and all current Trade and Legal presidents and policies to respect your wishes. You can at any time contact us at the address below and we will opt you out of any aspect of our marketing programme.
Data Protection legislation states that we must ensure that personal data held by us is accurate and up-to-date. Please help us to fulfil this obligation by informing us of any changes in your personal details by contacting us at the address below. We may use third parties to carry out certain activities, such as processing and sorting data, monitoring how customers use our site and issuing our e-mails for us. Rest assured that third parties will not be allowed to use your personal information for their own purposes. We reserve the right to cooperate with law enforcement officials in the investigation of alleged unlawful activities of our customers or relating to our customers.We will have no legal liability for such disclosures.
(1) You can ask us to update or remove your personal information by emailing email@example.com or by writing to us at our customer services address in (2) below. However, please note that we may need to keep some personal data in order to process orders or to comply with customer service or after sale obligations.
(2) You also have the right to request a copy of any personal information we hold about you. To do this, simply write to us at the following address, enclosing a cheque for £10 payable to Devon Guild Ltd to cover our administration costs:-
The Guild Craft Shop
Devon Guild Ltd
Detailed information about your rights under Data Protection legislation can be found on the website of the United Kingdom Information Commissioner, the address of which is (as at the date of this policy) www.informationcommissioner.gov.uk.